Thursday 28 May 2009

Childhood memories





This week, i took the family, on recommondation to The Little Chef to experience first hand what Heston Blumenthal has done to a trademark British eatery. I vividly remember the show and the frustrations he faced trying to get food onto the menus there. Well let me tell you all something. He has suceeded in making the Popham branch of Little Chef a success. My wife had a vegetable stew cooked in beer with mustard dumplings. My first thought on this dish was that beer and vegetables are not the ideal combination. After trying my wifes meal, i was pleasently suprised. I myself went for the braised ox cheeks in red wine which were coooked to perfection,served with mash potatoes and a crystal clear red wine sauce which for me was divine and only £9. A great stop if your'e on the road or a great stop if you want to take the kids for a meal. Either way, a nostalgic destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment